[sup] xapian problem (install sup)
Peng Yu
2015-03-18 17:03:57 UTC
I have the following problem, when I install sup. Does anybody know
what is wrong? Thanks.

/tmp/ruby-2.0.0-p643$ sudo gem install sup
Fetching: ncursesw-1.4.9.gem (100%)
Successfully installed ncursesw-1.4.9
Fetching: rmail-sup-1.0.1.gem (100%)
Successfully installed rmail-sup-1.0.1
Fetching: highline-1.7.1.gem (100%)
Successfully installed highline-1.7.1
Fetching: trollop-2.1.2.gem (100%)
Successfully installed trollop-2.1.2
Fetching: lockfile-2.1.3.gem (100%)
Successfully installed lockfile-2.1.3
Fetching: mime-types-1.25.1.gem (100%)
Successfully installed mime-types-1.25.1
Fetching: locale-2.1.0.gem (100%)
Successfully installed locale-2.1.0
Fetching: chronic-0.9.1.gem (100%)
Successfully installed chronic-0.9.1
Fetching: unicode-0.4.4.2.gem (100%)
Successfully installed unicode-0.4.4.2
Fetching: sup-0.21.0.gem (100%)
ERROR: Error installing sup:

/usr/local/bin/ruby mkrf_conf_xapian.rb
xapian: installing xapian-ruby..
xapian: platform specific dependencies..

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/sup-0.21.0 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/sup-0.21.0/ext/gem_make.out
--
Regards,
Peng
Mark Alexander
2015-03-18 17:09:42 UTC
Post by Peng Yu
/usr/local/bin/ruby mkrf_conf_xapian.rb
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/sup-0.21.0/ext/gem_make.out
You'll need to take a look at that log file to figure this out.
But I've run into this before, and the first problem I had was that
I didn't have g++ installed.
Peng Yu
2015-03-18 17:41:16 UTC
Post by Mark Alexander
Post by Peng Yu
/usr/local/bin/ruby mkrf_conf_xapian.rb
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/sup-0.21.0/ext/gem_make.out
The log file is not helpful.

~$ cat /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/sup-0.21.0/ext/gem_make.out
Post by Mark Alexander
You'll need to take a look at that log file to figure this out.
But I've run into this before, and the first problem I had was that
I didn't have g++ installed.
~$ g++ --version
g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
Regards,
Peng
2015-03-19 17:31:06 UTC
Last time I had this problem, I solved it by installing ruby-xapian first and then sup. I'm not sure why.

For those who are starting to think that I sound like a broken record, sorry ^^
Maybe there should be a notice somewhere in the installation page.
--
Guillaume