[sup] Open HTML attachments with chromium
Alfredo Palhares
2015-06-29 16:32:43 UTC
Hello everyone,

Can I set sup to open HTML only emails with chromium ?
It a pain in arse to always save the attachment and then open the file with
chromium.

Regards,
--
Alfredo Palhares
GPG/PGP Key Fingerprint
Alice Riot
2015-06-29 17:21:13 UTC
Hey Alfredo,

If you're using linux you can add the following to .sup/hooks/mime-view.rb:

pid = Process.spawn("xdg-open", filename,

:out => '/dev/null',

:err => '/dev/null')

Process.detach pid

true

This will open any filetype in the application associated with it
(libreoffice documents, pdfs, etc). Just scroll to the file and hit 'enter'.
Matthieu Rakotojaona
2015-06-29 18:30:01 UTC
Hey guys,

I personnally use this one-liner which is basically the same thing:

$ cat /path/to/hooks/mime-view.rb
system("xdg-open #{filename} > /dev/null 2>&1 &")

Note the final "&": you need it if you don't want to wait for the right
program to be chosen and opened before being able to use sup again
(because the hook is blocking)
Hey Alfredo,
Gaute Hope
2015-06-29 20:02:47 UTC