[sup] Excessive CPU Usage
Willem
2016-01-14 15:55:31 UTC
Hi fellow sup fans!!
I have used sup off and on for a few years already, depending on computers and work situation; and keep coming back because it really is the best email tool I have found for my email needs!!
Now I have just completed a fresh multi-account install of sup-mail 0.20.0-1 on Debian 8.2.0 which runs beautifully after some initial hassles.

However the one problem I have is that sup works fine when reading and archiving emails then without warning the processing becomes super slow. I have checked CPU usage and found that on certain fairly random and innocent looking emails the usage shoots up to 100% and stays there until I quit sup and re-start it. Then if I go back to the same email that caused the problem, the CPU usage shoots up when I attempt to open it.

Any suggestions or ideas what I should do about sorting this problem out would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Cheers
Willem
Tero Tilus
2016-01-16 12:21:55 UTC
Post by Willem
I have checked CPU usage and found that on certain fairly random and
innocent looking emails the usage shoots up to 100% and stays there
until I quit sup and re-start it. Then if I go back to the same
email that caused the problem, the CPU usage shoots up when I
attempt to open it.
Any suggestions or ideas what I should do about sorting this problem
out would be greatly appreciated - thanks
Report the issue in https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/issues and
attach the offending email (save raw message as file). Then others
are able to try reproducing and debugging the issue.
--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://tero.tilus.net/