[sup] No messages shown (yet it says * messages in index)
Peng Yu
2015-03-21 04:35:05 UTC

https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/wiki/Complete-gmail-configuration

I followed the above guideline.

And I'm able to get offlineimap and msmtp to work.

~$ offlineimap
OfflineIMAP 6.5.5
Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Account sync personal:
*** Processing account personal
Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
Folder [Gmail]/All Mail [acc: personal]:
Syncing [Gmail]/All Mail: Gmail -> Maildir
Account sync personal:
*** Finished account 'personal' in 0:00

But when I open sup. I see the following line at the bottom. But there
are not messages shown on the screen. Does anybody know to see the
messages? Thanks.

[inbox-mode] Inbox line 0 of 0 225 messages in index
--
Regards,
Peng
Ruthard Baudach
2015-03-22 22:42:55 UTC
Welcome,

That's strange...

Some ideas:

1) Verify that you have the mails in your local maildir: your maildir
directory should contain three subdirectories, cur, new and tmp, and in
cur and/or new there should be 225 files with unique funny file names.
(225 if the message sup shows you is correct). Mails are all ASCII
text, so you are able to view them using your favourite editor to verify
offlineimap synced them to your local maildir.

2) You DID run sup-config, didn't you, and you DID add sources?
Check .sup/config.yaml and .sup/sources.yaml:

https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/wiki/Adding-sources

3) You DID sync sup? Either during sup-config or by running sup-sync?

4) Run sup-dump. (see sup-dump --help) If there are messages indexed, it
should output a list of message-ids with their labels.

5) Rerun sup-sync. (see sup-sync --help)

6) Delete .sup/xapian thus deleting the entire database and rerun
sup-sync.
Post by Peng Yu
Hi,
https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/wiki/Complete-gmail-configuration
I followed the above guideline.
And I'm able to get offlineimap and msmtp to work.
~$ offlineimap
OfflineIMAP 6.5.5
Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
*** Processing account personal
Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
Syncing [Gmail]/All Mail: Gmail -> Maildir
*** Finished account 'personal' in 0:00
But when I open sup. I see the following line at the bottom. But there
are not messages shown on the screen. Does anybody know to see the
messages? Thanks.
[inbox-mode] Inbox line 0 of 0 225 messages in index
--
Regards,
Peng
--
Emails bitte verschlÃŒsseln und signieren.
Meine PGP-Id: 0xAC5AC6C2
Dan Callaghan
2015-03-22 23:30:52 UTC
Post by Peng Yu
But when I open sup. I see the following line at the bottom. But there
are not messages shown on the screen. Does anybody know to see the
messages? Thanks.
[inbox-mode] Inbox line 0 of 0 225 messages in index
I guess this means sup has found 225 messages but none are tagged
"inbox".

Maybe you set up all your sup sources as "archived" by mistake?
--
Dan Callaghan <***@djc.id.au>