[sup] offsets for mbox broken
Martin Bähr
2016-01-20 09:56:00 UTC
hi,

i just made the mistake of accessing my inbox with imap, and now all the
offsets in the sup database are broken.

how can i get sup to resync to the new offsets?

greetings, martin.
--
eKita - the online platform for your entire academic life
Mark Alexander
2016-01-20 14:22:53 UTC
Post by Martin Bähr
how can i get sup to resync to the new offsets?
In the past, when I've had problems with the Xapian index, I've done this:

1. Use sup-dump to make an ASCII dump of the message state and tags.
2. Move the Xapian index (~/.sup/xapian) to some other location.
3. Used sup-restore to read the dump created in step 1.

I don't know if this going to work for you, but it might be worth
a try since your index is broken.
Mark Alexander
2016-01-20 14:25:50 UTC
Post by Mark Alexander
3. Used sup-restore to read the dump created in step 1.
Sorry, I meant sup-sync. There is no sup-restore.
Martin Bähr
2016-01-20 17:15:06 UTC
Post by Mark Alexander
1. Use sup-dump to make an ASCII dump of the message state and tags.
2. Move the Xapian index (~/.sup/xapian) to some other location.
3. Used sup-restore to read the dump created in step 1.
I don't know if this going to work for you, but it might be worth
a try since your index is broken.
wow, thank you!
i don't see how it could not work. sup-dump only stores the message-id
and the
labels, that means on restore sup-sync has to find that message and then
recreate
everything else from the original mbox data.

it is essentially doing a fresh import of everything, with the only
added
information of setting the labels. looks fool-proof to me.

the only downside is that at 6GB of emails, this is going to take a
loooong time. (and so i need to write this with mutt :-(

i am certainly going to complete this, but i wonder if there is a faster
way, something that doesn't rebuild the whole index, but just resyncs
the offsets.

greetings, martin.